|Company||Hivos People Unlimited|
|Location||Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya|
Hivos is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
The PDM Open WE & SRD is the head of Hivos’ regional WE/SRD team and a member of Hivos’ global Open team. S/he identifies and builds a network of key stakeholders from government, international organizations, civil society and the private sector, and works with them to co-create solutions.
S/he builds donor relationships and identifies funding opportunities. A successful incumbent of the role will build a diverse portfolio of innovative, high-quality projects with strong stakeholder buy-in; achieve Hub EA funding targets and contributes towards Hivos’ sustainability; and contribute to the development of Hivos’s reputation as a thought and innovation leader on the theme of Open WE & SRD.
The incumbent will also organize internal processes for idea co-creation within the Open WE & SRD team, as well as in collaboration with the teams of other Hivos themes. The position is responsible for translating these ideas into viable solutions, and securing funding opportunities for the resulting projects. This position also oversees/ coordinates the individual projects under Open cluster (Women’s Empowerment and Sexual Rights & Diversity) to ensure relevance with Hivos’ overall Open society goals.
Reports to: Regional Director, Hivos East Africa
Supervises: Project Managers (1); Programme Officers (5);
Team Size: 5-8 in Kenya, Uganda & Tanzania
The Programme Development Manager oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of the Women’s Empowerment and Sexual Rights & Diversity Programme including planning, resourcing, organizing, staffing, leading, and overseeing program activities.
|Job Functions||Programme Manager,Project Management|
|Industries||Ngo / Non-Profit|
A. Programme Development
1. To scan, identify and create new projects and programmes, in line with Hivos EA’s strategy and profile and in order to achieve the objective of the Hivos strategic plan.
B. Fundraising/ Business Development
2. To develop strategic and long term sustainability portfolio for Hub EA, as well as smart business models and fundraising.
3. To identify and access funding sources for the program and together with Global Office and programme staff, to develop and implement fundraising strategy to support a successful implementation of the program.
4. To provide input and contribute program highlights for funding proposals, communication materials etc. for stakeholders and audience, both in Hub EA and in Global Office.
5. To take lead on fundraising initiative in close coordination with programme and finance departments.
C. Managing portfolio
1. To develop business plans, conduct market research and lead prototyping activities.
2. To directly manage operational programmes
D. Planning, report-writing and project coordinating
1. To coordinate planning and report-writing of the Open WE & SRD cluster at Hub EA which is in line with Hivos’ global strategy.
2. To coordinate projects implementation for the Open WE & SRD cluster, ensuring consistency knowledge exchange among staff.
E. Representing the organization
1. To be able to connect to frontrunners and (potential) game changers and to work together with them to develop innovative programmes.
2. To present Hivos’ vision on Open Societies in an attractive and leading way during conferences and seminars.
F. Coordinating Open WE & SRD Team
1. To provide input to the financial planning, budgeting, performance, capacity development and risks management of projects.
2. To contribute and support to the other possible expansion and thematic programs which aims to the improvement of the organization.
3. To contribute to Hub EA overall organizational and policy development.
4. To be a reliable and supportive team member to the whole team.
•Masters degree in Gender and Development, Women studies, Public Health or related discipline.
•Minimum 8 years of post-graduate work experience in nonprofit program development and/or fundraising within the private sector and/or international development organizations.
•Demonstrated donor network in Kenya (required) and in the region (preferred)
•Ability to work on short-term assignments with tight deadlines while managing multiple tasks and pipelines.
•A strong affinity for Hivos’ mission and for social and environmental concerns and you are driven by a strong motivation to contribute to real and lasting change.
•Able to ‘think outside the box’ and connect to various actors to develop new solutions that have the ability to transform Hivos’ global Open Society programme.
•Have a convincing track-record in program development, resource mobilization and facilitating of multi-actor initiatives.
•Ability to work independently, and function effectively as a member of a global team, and adhere to strict deadlines.
•Excellent research and analytical skills.
•Excellent – externally oriented – communication skills, both verbally and in writing in English
•Good conceptualization and affinity for gender justice, diversity and inclusion.
•Work experience and knowledge of the economic, social, environmental, and development context in Sub-Saharan Africa.
•High levels of personal integrity and accountability.
The Program Development Manager will be based in the Kenya office, but with frequent and regular travel to the Uganda and Tanzania offices. The Programme Development Manager is expected to travel frequently to remote parts of rural Africa, and internationally to represent Hivos as needed.
Women and individuals from minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
|Job Closing Date||30/11/2019|